Creative Brand Strategy - Task 2 Purpose, Positioning, & Personality
Week 5 - Week 10 (19/05/26 - 23/06/25)
Felice Jolin (0373636)
Creative Brand Strategy / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Task
2 - Purpose, Positioning, & Personality <span
id="LIST"></span>
TABLE OF CONTENT
INSTRUCTION
Module Information Booklet
LECTURES
Week 5
Now we begin to create the visual identity system. We
should prepare at least 20 logo sketches and later one to chose the
strongest direction.
TASK
Students should work in this order:
1.Finalise campaign name
and positioning
2.Collect and organise 100 symbols /
visuals
3.Develop logo sketches
4.Select strongest
logo direction
5.Build brand identity moodboard
6.Decide
colour palette
7.Decide typography direction
8.Develop
icon / graphic element system
9.Create key visual
direction
10.Start poster and campaign applications
LOGO
The finalized brand name is 'THE NOW' while the campaign name is 'Come Back Now'. After clear name, I started with logo sketches. Initially, as the brand name has the word 'now', I was quite blur on what element or icon should I apply in my logo. Therefore I started with tangled string, bubble, bulb, clock, sitting posture, and wave.
Fig 2.1 Moodboard/reference (Week 5, 22/05/2026)
Moving on, I proceed to digitize the 3 sketches. For the first direction, I made 4 variations with different oval shape and using serif and sans-serif typeface. For the second direction, I tried with both shart and rounded edges. While for the third direction, I had variations of thick and thin storkes.
Fig 2.5 Digitize (Week 7, 01/06/2026)
Mr.Max mentioned that direction 1 & 3 have more potential than direction 2. as direction 2 feels too decorative. Direction 1 has potential but the symbol is quite dominant and the word “NOW” becomes a bit interrupted. While direction 3 is the most workable direction. But I should further refine the “O” symbol that clearly connects back to my brand meaning — being present, slowing down, finding balance, or creating a mindful pause.
Therefore, I redesingn direction 1 with smaller 'o' symbol. Although I was just supposed to stick with the gift/star direction, I tried with different elements for the second direction.
Fig 2.6 Digitize (Week 7, 05/06/2026)
Mr.Max mentioned that my logo needs abit more refinement, you can look for references like below which has balance and clean style.
So I come up with 4 design with the idea of 'gift' and 'spark'. Mr.Max
mentioned that he likes the bottom left and told me to try with thin and thick
space within each letters.
Fig 2.9 Digitize (Week 8, 09/06/2026)
After trying with different spacing Mr.Max suggested me to go with the larger space.
FINALIZED LOGO
Fig 2.11 Finalzied Logo (Week 8, 09/06/2026)
The Now logo is designed to reflect mindfulness and the value of living in the present moment. It has a bold and structured letterforms to convey clarity, direction, and confidence which reflects the brand’s goal of helping yough adult to be emotionally aware and take control of their emotions. The letter “O” is stylised as a gift box which symbolizes the belief that simply being in the present moment is a gift that is often overlooked.
For the ‘Come Back Now’ campaign, a sparkle element is applied on the logo to
symbolise a light which captures audience’s awareness and attention to come
back to the present moment. The sparkle is placed overlaping some letters to
represent there is always hope in the middle of emotional exhaustion, as well
as a reminder to slow down, pause, and creconnect with the present moment. The
secondary campaign logo is a simplified version designed for flexible
applications across different touchpoints.
*The sparkle
is a flexible element that can be replaced with other elements across
different campaign while maintaining the main brand logo of THE NOW.
COLOR
Color style: Calm and fresh
Blue: Calm,
trust, reliability
Cream: Soft, natural, space
Orange: Warmth, emotional, comfort
Yellow: Hope, support,
positivity
Charcoal Grey: balance
Below are some options I've gathered. I decided to pick the sans serif with sharp edges 'League spartan' paired with 'Bad Script'. However, after trying the combinantion again, the hadwritten font doesn't match with the font 'league spartan'.
Fig 4.4 Typography (Week 10, 23/06/2026)
PATTERN
Below are some variations of pattern that I've made from the brand's logo. Pattern 1, 3, and 4 is derived from the campaign element which is the sparkle. While pattern 2 is derived from the sparkle in the logomark and pattern 5 is the logomark itself.
We were told to search for 100 icons/symbol that is related to our campaign. Below I have gather 100 icons in docs.
Fig 6.1 100 Icons (Week 7, 05/06/2026)
From the 100 above, Mr.Max has suggested me to proceed with some below:
- Tangled strings
- Different string colours
- Cloud
- Clock / sand timer
- Pathway
- Compass
- Eyes
- Sticky notes
- Pause
- Crossroads
- Window
- Bridge
- Heartbeat line
- Spiral
- Muted notification
- Brain maze
- Reset button / power button / switch
- Phone notification chaos
With that, Mr.Max has also sugegsted me to combine some icons to
haave more originality.
tangled string + heart
muted notification
+ pause
battery + heartbeat
compass + pathway
window +
cloud.
Below is my first draft for the icon. After consultation, Mr.Max mentioned that he cannot relate the icons witht he brand as the brand's logo is very bold while the icon looks very subtle. He suggested me to fill up the space or thicker the outlines.
Fig 6.4 Icons (Week 9, 16/06/2026)
I decided to refine the and come up with 2 variatiosn for the cloud+window and brain. For the eyes I decided to eliminate the lashes. Mr.Max approved the eyes icon and told me to proceed with the right side icon for both cloud+window and brain.
Fig 6.5 Icons (Week 9, 18/06/2026)
Before proceeding, I also showed Mr.Max the rest icons with consistent stroke size and rounded 2 points edges. Mr.Max mentioned the 4 icons seems left out from the family as it don't have white lines or element inside like others. He suggested me to add lines as highlights to have consistency across brand.
Fig 6.6 Icons (Week 9, 18/06/2026)
Below are finalized 14 icons.
Fig 6.7 Finalized Icons (Week 9, 18/06/2026)
PHOTOGRAPHY
Below are some photography that I will use for the campaign. The category will be mountain, lake and roadway. As mountain stands for growth and balance, lake for calmness, and roadway for journey and progress.
Fig 7.1 Photography (Week 9, 16/06/2026)
After finalizing all necessary items, I compiled it into an e - brand guideline.
Fig 8.1 Brand Guideline (Week 10, 23/06/2026)
FEEDBACK
Week 9
I should continue to work on icon my icon and make it all looks consistnet. Then I can proceed to complete the brand guideline. For section 07 which is photography, I should include it as my campaign will use images, I should also include the explanation of how it is related to the campaign. For the 3 application I am thingking of making poste, mindfulness card and ig post, Mr.Max approved. If I want to make journal for the application, just need design no need to really working. Notes for final impactful project is quiz: "how much you are feeling lost" or "helping you to find now"
REFLECTION





.png)
.jpg)














.png)


Komentar
Posting Komentar